Extreme 10011 1000BASE-SX GBIC-based transceiverDescriptions:
Call for shipping price
is the ideal advanced 10/100 Mbps aggregation solution switch. Featuring the powerful "i" series chipset, it extends the power of Extreme’s Ethernet service provisioning platform to the edge of the network, delivering non-blocking wire-speed IP/IPX routing and switching. With its 2 RU form factor, the Summit48i is perfect for deployment at the edge of advanced enterprises, multi-tenant/multi-dwelling units (MTUs/MDUs), Internet data centers, and co-location environments. In addition, by bringing Ethernet service provisioning to the edge of the network, the Summit48i offers flexibility in network design, allowing multiple subnets at the edge for superior performance and security.
The Summit48i is available with 48 switched 10/100 Mbps auto-negotiating Ethernet ports and two full-duplexed GBIC-based 1000BASE-SX, LX or LX-70 Gigabit Ethernet ports. It has a 17.5 Gbps non-blocking switch fabric with a forwarding rate of 10.1 million packets per second, and is available with an optional integrated dual power supply unit for increased fault tolerance.
Pre-installed on every Extreme Networks switch, the ExtremeWare software suite features industry standard protocols to ensure interoperability with legacy switches and routers, plus Policy-Based Quality of Service (QoS) for bandwidth management and traffic prioritization. ExtremeWare scales performance and increases availability by combining Policy-Based QoS with fully integrated server load balancing, web cache redirection, access control lists, VLAN switching and routing, IETF DiffServ and IEEE 802.1p.
• Compact, full-featured edge device for Ethernet service provisioning in advanced enterprises, multi-tenant/multi-dwelling units (MTUs/MDUs), Internet data centers, and co-location environments
• 17.5 Gbps non-blocking switch fabric bandwidth
• Full-featured BGP4 for Internet peering
• OSPF for large scalable meshed fault-tolerant networks
• Policy-Based Quality of Service with bandwidth management and traffic prioritation
• Bandwidth by the slice, which provides bidirectional rate shaping
• Network login, providing secure user mobility and bandwidth allocation
• Access control lists (ACLs) for enhanced security
• Wire-Speed IP/IPX Routing
• 48 auto-negotiating 10/100 Mbps connections and 2 Gigabit Ethernet ports for high-density CPE, switch aggregation, front-end server load balancing and web cache redirection in server farms, or connecting enterprise desktops
• Fault tolerant: multiple load-sharing trunks, multiple spanning trees, Extreme Standby Router Protocol™, and redundant, load-sharing power supplies
• Switch and route jumbo frames
4,096 IEEE 802.1q VLANs
Total Shipping Cost (Estimated):
Telarus, Inc. (Telarus) offers this section of VARNetwork.com as a public service
for users to exchange information regarding the sale to and purchase from one another
of voice and data equipment. Telarus does not own, sell, or warranty any of the
equipment offered, nor does Telarus guarantee payment from one party sent to another.
Offers and requests posted to VARNetwork are made by individuals and companies unrelated
to Telarus. By using this section of the site you acknowledge you are selling or
purchasing at your own risk.